Allied Health Career Exploration
2016 Program dates: Jun 5-16, 2017
Application available: Oct 15-Apr 3, 2017
Download the program flier.
Health Professions Career Exploration is a program designed to expose college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to the diverse professional programs available at the VCU School of Allied Health Professions.
In this two-week, nonresidential summer program, students will:
- Explore each department/degree program in the VCU School of Allied Health Professions: patient counseling, clinical laboratory sciences, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nurse anesthesia, rehabilitation counseling, radiation sciences, health administration and gerontology
- Experience hands-on and interactive activities within each discipline
- Attend workshops on current health care topics
- Gain knowledge of professional and clinical ethics
- Participate in workshops to strengthen skills in interviewing, resume development and personal statement writing
- Receive the information necessary to navigate the application process for a program in the School of Allied Health Professions
- Gain confidence about pursuing a health professions program
Students are required to provide their own transportation to and from the program site on a daily basis. Lunch and any resource materials required to participate in the program will be provided at no cost to participants. Commitment to full attendance, including an orientation session and closing event, is required to participate.
To be considered for the program, students must submit a complete application including two letters of recommendation and official transcript(s). Preference is given to students from under-represented backgrounds (educational, social, or economic).
For more information, please contact program administrators at email@example.com or call (804) 827-0982.